GROUP HEAD OF SEARCH (SEO)
Head Of Technical SEO CV
SEO Organic & Technical Search Manager with over 10 year’s collective experience in Digital Marketing & Web Design/Development. I’ve been delivering international and regional search campaigns for brands of all sizes and have consulted to large FMCG brands on a European level with site migrations, SEO strategies with a clear focus on driving revenue.
I’m focused on developing SEO landscape plans which align with core business KPI’s to deliver constant ROI and traffic improvement across various brands using technical SEO and content marketing.
My career history and some of the long-standing SEO roles I have worked on both freelance and full time can be seen below which include some of my most recent roles working within eCommercee SEO & across smaller Shopify websites. Please feel free to download my CV for further information or call me direct on 07824 697 965 if you have a role you’d like to discuss.
I’ve been working in SEO for around 10 years and within this time I’ve worked with some key brands such as Nestle, Iprospect, Air New Zealand, Soak.com, Les Mills, Halfords, Redrow Homes, Drayton Manor & many more.
Why Hire Me?
I come from an experienced SEO background working both in house and agency side this allows me to utilise those skills to help drive your business forward. My experience bridges across a range of clients in all industries across various CMS platforms. I have access to a range of tools similar to any agency from DeepCrawl, Sitebulb, Log File Analyser tools, Ahrefs and Pi Datametrics.
I have over a decade of experience across agency and in-house roles spanning all types of digital marketing including PPC & Display although my core skill set covers technical SEO and site migrations more recently working across of Shopify sites. Although I work with companies all across the UK I have predominately worked with companies throughout Birmingham, Stratford upon Avon and Coventry to help drive the performance online via the use of SEO.
If you’re a digital marketing agency and need an extra pair of hands to help support with technical SEO and strategy, then I can help work on a white label basis under an NDA to help your agency expand and drive client performance. My white label services are set with a minimum requirement of 2 days per month.
A Look Into
My Career History
Group Head Of SEO
Delivering the global SEO strategy for Halfords.com and smaller brands within the retail group. Optimising all landing pages and ensuring all elements of the site are fit for launch as and when new product ranges launch.
- Managed a small team of SEO Executives & Freelancers
- Worked in hand with supporting digital marketing agencies and development
- Developed technical SEO requirements for development sprints within Jira
- Grew the FY19 SEO strategy to deliver core traffic and financial targets
- Owned the full strategy and implementation of on-page and technical SEO requirements
- Worked with PR agencies to support the development of high-quality links
- Evaluate product offerings, traffic, landing page quality, content, and design
- Analysed SERPs, analytics data, plus competitor and industry activity and links
- Prepare useful weekly and monthly reports to presented back to senior management
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors
- Track, report and analyse website analytics and organic initiatives and campaigns
- Performed ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Developed internal training plans for content, merchandise and trading teams on SEO
- Developed a global brand migration to integrated multiple brands into one domain
Freelance SEO Consultant
Development and execution of strong SEO focused strategies to help drive performance across a range of eCommercee companies throughout the West Midlands area.
Working with a range of large digital marketing agencies and large online brands such as Soak.com across large migration projects an full SEC) audits.
Formulating and delivering the SEC) strategy across technical capability, content marketing, keyword targeting and outreach projects
- Drove organic traffic and improved eCommercee transactions across a £50M website resulting in a 10% revenue increase
- Managed external SEO agency teams ensuring projects are delivered on time and drive uplifts in performance
- Drove combined revenue from earned media by maximise SEO efficiency across 3rd party media content sites
- Reported to senior exec team on SEO performance and strategy progress
- Managed the governance of SEO across a wide range of cross functional teams
- Conducted keyword research to guide content teams on the creation and execution of on-site content
- Executed off-page optimisation projects (e.g. link-building) to help improve overall performance and drive revenue
- Ensured internal team members are achieving against outlined business KPIs
- Managed SEO workload and workflow for several individuals
- Educated & trained internal teams on high level SEO and the impacts of search across a multi-facet retailer
Technical SEO Director
Relocated to New Zealand to help govern and grow the technical SEO offering for the region, across their clients within iProspect.
- Oversee the SEO technical aspects for large international brand names, from site audits to complex migrations
- Ensuring the efficient day to day technical management of high value accounts, ensuring best practice SEO is applied across all accounts, analysing and drawing insight from third party analytics data, providing solutions to complex technical SEO issues
- Being the ‘go-to’ person when it comes to technical SEO related questions by the wider business, being the thought leader on relevant
- Communicating expansive and complex recommendations to clients with background data and insights to internal and external stakeholders
Senior SEO Manager
I’ve been responsible for delivering organic search campaigns for one of the UK’s largest independent automotive group’s while also working across the world’s leading construction equipment supplier and a new start-up.
- Website Launch Technical SEO consultation & Development
- Cross Channel marketing and research to improve organic visibility (PPC Insights & PR Integration)
- Consultation with in-house development teams to implement AMP across core news pages
- Full technical auditing and product development to assist in company growth
- Internal management of teams, budgets and technical search processes
- Development of JSON-LD & other advanced SEO items to improve search exposure
Technical SEO Manager
During my time at tmwi I ran the technical search department, covering all aspects of technical SEO including site migrations, log final analysis and full link penalty clean ups for a range of large FMCG and smaller UK known brands.
- Responsible for technical auditing of clients websites
- Implanting and planning full integrated search strategies
- Analytics & Data reporting for various key stakeholders within client businesses
- Regularly auditing link profiles and conducting clean ups and best practices for clients sites
- Owning SEO strategy to deliver against client objectives & KPIs
- Identifying core issues across websites and implementing/recommending fixes
- Developing an integrated approach to SEO with Creative, PR & other media channels
- Managing, supporting and developing SEO team members
- Developing new intuitive SEO products & services to help grow the search department
- Exposure to other media channels and departments allowing better integration and growth on search campaigns
- Developed SEO Strategies covering all aspects of Technical optimisations, Content Idealisation, Link Management & Analytics
- Delivered key reporting to senior members of both the business & clients
- Created a localised Digital event to help grow agency awareness and new business
Technical SEO Executive
- Developing marketing strategies for Paid Search (PPC) and SEC
- Organising and discussing client campaigns on a weekly basis providing full updates on conversions and other key data
- Liaising with 3rd development and creative agencies on behalf of the client for marketing campaigns and website coding updates
- Day to Day account manager on clients as the key contact for common questions
- Management of internal team on both PPC & SEC
- Development on full technical audits which were presented to large international brands
- Continual research and development of technical issues to ensure on all client websites
- Attend industry events and present the information to relevant internal departments,
- Conducting appraisals, setting targets and goals,
- Development of personal progression plans for team members,
- Acting as a mentor for the team and managing expectations,
- Communication and delegation to all team members and proactive working on any project that might need extra attention to ensure deadlines are met,
- Ability to share best practice findings so all team members can work in the most efficient and effective manner
- Accounts Managed: Redrow, 888 Sport, Nestle, Vitabiotics, Gemporia, Thistle Insurance, Drayton Manor & other large FMCG brands